Saturday, November 1, 2008

I am going to be an Uncle

When I was in college my roommates and I would joke that if someone was having a girl you were going to be an "aunt" if someone was having a boy then that would make you an "uncle." Well, I am here to tell everyone that I am going to be an Uncle. My sister is having a baby boy in about 4 weeks. This is the first grandchild in the family so it is quite a big deal. I wanted to make my little nephew something so fun and warm for those cold nights... and maybe, just maybe, secretly I made it so he would think I am the BEST aunt ever! Ü When I saw this material I had to get it!! And since Shaun is always busy with school I thought this blanket would be a great project.

I borrowed Shaun's mother's sewing machine and away I went. Since it has been literally years since I have touched a sewing machine and quilting frames Shaun's cousin got me started and away I went.


This is the final project. My sister and her husband live in NY so I had to wait a few days before she could open it. And She loved it! YEA for a successful project!!

These monkey's are SO adorable!


5 comments:

Sarah Blackhurst said...

It truly is adorable, and what a lucky Nephew! You are such a cute aunt or wait... Uncle! Miss you! See you soon!

Gary and Mauri said...

LOVE the blanket!! It is so cute! you are so crafty! :) I sure miss the Murray girls!

Christy Lou said...

Those are some awesome monkeys! Good work on the blanket, that is definitly worth the title of best 'uncle' ever!

Seleta said...

i do love it it is the cutest thing too! thank you for all of you hard work!

marquita chiquita said...

Wow! Totally cute blanket! You are right, the monkeys are so cute!