The cool part about all of this is the new Performing Arts Center. It was built just a few years ago and is completely breath taking...especially because it is in Pocatello! Shaun said several times that he couldn't believe little old Pocatello had a performing arts center like this.
They have several different venues all designed to perfection. The main hall was built with such state of the art acoustics that performers speaking on the stage can be easily heard without a microphone to the back of the concert hall. WOW!! Don't bring any candy or the front row will hear you opening your wrappers.

This is a model of what the entire center looks like...


I just LOVE the windows on the bottom floor! They are two stories high.

This concert featured an amazing violinist named Corey Cerovsek. As some of you may know my husband is a very very good violinist. We couldn't believe when we heard that Corey's violin used to be owned by PAGANINI, a famous violinist. It was made over 250 years ago by Stradivarious. Corey does not own the violin; he has been "borrowing" it for a few years. I definitely wouldn't let a multi-million dollar piece of wood out of my sight! I think he had body gaurds for the violin. Ü

After the concert we attended the reception for the artist, Corey. This guy was AMAZING! Shaun said he is probably one of the top ten violinists in the world. It was incredible!! What's even cooler is that Shaun got to actually talk to Corey for a few minutes about his music, etc. Corey seemed impressed with Shaun's knowledgeable questions!
THANKS mom and dad for giving us your extra seats. The night was unforgetable.
2 comments:
That would have been an amazing concert to attend. I love going to the symphony and just letting the music wash over me... One of these days I am gonna have to be a little more proactive and get myself some tickets for a Pocatello performance. If you guys wind up going again, let me know!
I found your blog!! :) Now I can keep tabs on you! j/k It was so fun to hang out with you guys! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment