Saturday we took Shaun's nephew to the Thanksgiving point Dinosaur museum. I had been tutoring Jonathan all summer. He worked so hard we decided to celebrate! Of course our camera batteries were dead so we didn't get any pictures but it was a awesome day. Jonathan Loved it!!
Monday we decided to take a picnic and hike Stuart falls. Although it was hot, we still had a great time. The only weird part was when we were eating our lunch a little squirrel decided it wanted some. It got within a foot of Shaun's foot! I really thought it was going to bite his heel. :(
Shaun even tried throwing a rock to scare it away and it went over to the rock and started licking it, thinking we were actually throwing food. Crazy! Watch out for those squirrels!
to finish the day we rented a few movies, and had our own little BBQ. (Thanks to my sister giving us her little propane grill! We love it!)



Tuesday we went to Timpanogos Cave. Shaun and I had never been there before and thought it would be fun! Thankfully it was overcast and a lot cooler. It is a pretty good hike up the mountain (1,000 feet) and then the caves at the top.
Check out these pictures Shaun took! This first one is from the hike up to the caves.


(For those of you not from Utah) There were originally three caves and they balsted through the walls to make one cave.
I know that these look a little creapy but it was actually really cool!
I know that these look a little creapy but it was actually really cool!
There were so many variety of mineral deposits it was great to see all sorts of stuff. The nice thing about the cave is that they have lights everywhere and a paved pathway with a guide. That's my type of "exploration."
This is supposedly the legend of the Ute Indian Girl who sacrificed herself for rain. The legend says that for her sacrifice not only did it rain but her heart was planted into the mountain. This is her heart. If I am remembering correctly, this the largest stalagmite in the cave.


5 comments:
that look awesome nicolette
You know if you are ever looking for a REAL vacation I know somewhere you can go?! Looks like fun. I miss the days where we could take off and do whatever we wanted. Enjoy it now. Even movie watching isn't the same because you know no matter what time you go to bed your little ones will wake up before you would like:0! We miss you guys!!
DeLaine
oh how fun:)
Great end to our too short of Summer! Glad you two made the best of it! See you on Thurs :(
Looks like you guys had some fun adventures! You know, the squirrels that live near the White House in DC are really aggressive too. One tried to attack Maya when we were having lunch out there a couple of summers ago. Little brute!
Post a Comment