Thursday, September 22, 2016

Claire starts preschool!

 There are a few really good options for preschool in our area. Last spring when I was checking them out I really felt like this was the place for Claire. It's a really hard preschool to get into. It's with the Baptist church so church members get first sign ups. But my friend works there and she told me that there was 1 spot available. The morning of registration I went at 6 am to get in line and thankfully I was there first! Claire got that last spot!
Her teacher is new to this school but has taught preschool for over 20 years! She is incredible!
 When I read this at the open house I couldn't help but tear up...this is exactly how I felt about my students. Claire will be well taken care of here!
 Kate wants to start school too...

 The first day of school came and Claire was very excited to wear her new outfit she picked out. AND she was thrilled about her pony backpack!



Marie is in Claire's church class and in her preschool class! 

Once we got to school the tears and unknown started setting in. She didn't want to get out of the car, leave me, leave kate, etc. I was doing fine until Claire started crying. The biggest challenge was I thought that she wasn't supposed to bring her "friend" monkey. It's a sock monkey she takes everywhere. The teacher said she could bring it and they would transition her to just keeping it in her cubby. That helped immensely!! When we were walking away I left Claire with my friend Amy that works there...kate kept saying, "why are we leaving Claire, she's crying, she's sad, etc." Talk about pouring salt in my wounds. The next few days slowly got better and better. They have a system where you can pull up and drop off/pick up your child without having to get out of the car! That was a huge help. No longer did I have to stay goodbye, then goodbye again.
Claire's preschool is M-F all morning. I think it will be a perfect prep for her since next year will be ALL DAY kindergarten. She missed the school deadline by a week but I'm glad she gets to be with me longer!
Kate misses her while she's gone but the space has been really good for the girls too. Claire is learning a lot and really blossoming!

No comments: