We love living in our new house! It is still under construction but we are making progress. When we are all finished we will post before and after pictures.
I was also called as the YW secretary. I LOVE serving in YW, but boy is it busy! We have over 20 YW currently in the ward and several that need reactivating. The presidency is so awesome to work with, I'm really having fun getting out of the house by myself on Wednesday nights for activities.
I also started teaching piano. I have 5 piano students and a I pay a friend from church to watch the girls at my house while I teach. She has a 2 year old girl, they they just play for 2 hours. It's a great break for everyone. We just finished the music room, so it's perfect for lessons!
Shaun just got called to be the ward mission leader...again. This is his third time in a row in this calling. I told him, he can move but he can't hide from the Lord. :)
He's excited, though. I think our lives are going to get busier as we get more acquainted with our town and all it has to offer. We are really feeling right at home in our new ward. Lots of kids, couples are stage of life, and also older families, too. Our bishop is a very humble, kind man who serves so well!
October has brought some fun things for us!
First, We love Mississippi weather! We spend A LOT of time outside! The girls love the park and are getting more comfortable playing there. ONe day last week we played hide and seek. Claire would kid in the toys and Kate and I would find her. Then we would switch. We could've played for hours, it was so fun! Often, Kate would give me away by giggling or pointing, but we still had fun!
For FHE we made Pumpkin faces to send to Our family! Love Claire's faces!
I didn't get a picture but Claire had her first trip to the dentist! She did awesome! I swapped babysitting with another girl in the ward. She watched Kate during the appointment so I could give Claire my full attention. Then, the next day, I watched her two girls so she could do a field trip with her oldest son. So, for 3.5 hours I had 1,2,3&4 year old girls. It was quite the adventure.
Daddy teaching Claire a little about the violin.
THEN....Grandma & Grandpa Broderick came to visit! They came to see Shaun's annual Fall Flower & Garden Festival at the station. It was so fun having them here! Roy also had his birthday while here so we made a yummy carrot cake!
We had our neighbors over one night for dinner! We love them!
The festival! It's a two day event. We went for a little while on Friday and then came home for naps. Saturday, though, we stayed almost the entire time. It was so fun seeing the flowers, vegetables, going on the tractor ride, seeing old friends on the station, and enjoying the beautiful weather!
Claire was not cold, just obsessed with wearing mittens. HAHA!
Kate though the doll stroller looked like fun...
Until she couldn't get out!
Shaun had to wear his uniform AKA the hat and vest. Ever since then Kate is always telling him to put his hat back on.
Getting ready to give his presentation!
DeWitt...our buddy!
Ms Emily and her kids came to visit us there! They were from our old branch.
A little foot ball for the Saturday night
Claire posed everyone for a picture. I took a picture with my phone so she could see it.
Claire had so much fun doing things with grandma! She especially liked her long fingernails. :)
One afternoon we went to the Clinton Nature center. Fun walking paths and fall leaves!
Roy and Charlotte recently got a new phone so they were looking at pictures. Shaun and I were on the other couch texting them more pics!
Time flies way too fast! We got so much done while they were here. Roy helped take off a bunch of wall paper in the girls' bathroom. I got to clean out the gutters, clean, run errands while Charlotte played with the girls. Kate was a little hesitant and wanted me to carry her around everywhere. I think she thought I was leaving her. But we had a great visit and were so glad they got to come!
Watching them drive away. :(
2 comments:
Looks like such a fun month! Glad to see you are doing so well. The girls are adorable!
LOVE the update!
Post a Comment