Shaun had a work trip to Biloxi MS so we got to join in with the fun! Day 1: We had to leave at the crack of dawn for Shaun to be at the expo. We were in the car maybe 5 mins (it's about 3 hours away) and Kate starts squealing and getting mad. Claire looks over and says, "it's okay honey, we are almost there." If only, right?
After we dropped Shaun off we went Shopping, Shopping & Shopping! We didn't buy much but it was so nice to be by so many stores! And it was a great way to buy time before checking into the hotel.
LOVE the beach! It wasn't warm enough to swim but we enjoyed playing on the sand! We stayed in a hotel about 15 mins away so the girls loved the ride seeing the beach while dropping daddy off.
I was fascinated to see a Winn-Dixie! It was a little smelly inside and kind of run down, but cool to see.
Eating sea food on the beach! It was pretty gross, but I don't love sea food.
Day 2: Susan and I took the girls to the Institute for Marine Mammal Studies. It was about 15 mins away and so fun! We got to pet sting rays, see a dolphin show, dig for shark teeth, pet turtles, snakes, birds, etc.
Claire petting a snake! When we got home Clarie was asking me if I wanted to pet a snake. Claire was holding the snake and said, "don't worry, I'm holding the snake's head." That's exactly what the lady had said. I'm surprised Claire was even listening.
Watching dolphins! (Getting close to nap time)
Eating lunch at the beach! We picked up Shaun and a pizza and headed to the beach.
Blowing kisses
Claire could have played ALL day on the beach! She LOVED it!
Kate HATED the beach! She just wanted us to hold her!
Snuggle time with sisters!
Beautiful sunset!
Claire and me enjoying the board walk!
Shaun snuck out and got us a treat! The girls were sleeping so Shaun and I had a mini ice cream date in the bathroom. ;)
The girls and I enjoyed a great time shopping at a mall!!!!! Shaun asked Claire how many stores she went to...her response was, "I don't know..." as in TOO Many!
Rick (Shaun's co-worker) and his wife Susan! We had fun tagging along with them at fun restaurants!
Claire was enjoying mom & Dad's bed at the hotel!
After naps on Day 2 we went to the garden expo Shaun was working at (representing Mississippi State University) and found some fun booths. We bought a darling Easter wreath and enjoyed meeting lots of other Mississippi State employees that Shaun works with from other stations.
Trying to stay entertained in the car!
Kate looking at books in the car, too. I love the look on her face you can see it through the mirror. The girls actually did pretty well in the hotel! I guess the key is to run them completely ragged so they just drop when we get there. JK
We were all so exhausted on Sunday when we got home but had such a wonderful time together!


No comments:
Post a Comment