Saturday, July 19, 2014

4th of July


Shaun was able to get the 4th of July weekend off! He's been working SO much on his dissertation that we haven't seen much of him the last 3 months. This trip was greatly needed for all of us! Shaun needed a mental break and we needed a change of scenery! Rochester NY was perfect! 
We headed out Thursday. Kate still really HATES the car. She napped the first 1.5 hours and then it was all down hill from there. Thankfully Shaun drove and I sat in the back between the two car seats. It was tight, but we made it! 
The 4th of July we enjoyed some delicious food, going to the park and playing games! we also went to our favorite grocery store, Wegmans! So many delicious things to choose from!  
Bottom right picture Shaun was holding claire watching the fireworks. We first watched them on TV with Washington DC. Then, right outside my sister's window we saw a ton of fireworks. Claire didn't like the real ones..."TOO LOUD!" but thankfully Kate slept right through it!  
We went on a long walk along the Eire Canal and later in the afternoon the kids went swimming. I stayed with Kate so she could nap. I guess the water wasn't very warm and Claire's lips starting turning blue. She enjoyed warming up on the tramp. 
The picture on the bottom left. Kate is on the beanbag and I was around the corner. I heard Collin say something like, Here you go, Kate. Here are some cars, the track. Then he handed her the instructions. I walked in and he said, I'm playing with Kate. He was sharing his favorite toy with her! Such a sweetie!  
Playing UNO! ONe morning Shaun surprised Collin and took him to Wegmans to get dounts for everyone. Collin was SO excited! Shaun said when they were driving there he ran through a yellow light...Collin said, "That was a close one, uncle Shaun." Haha...so funny! 
Cousin fun! 
Goodbyes are too hard! My sister is giving us her old crib. It would only fit in the back seat. I prayed that angels would keep Kate happy since there was so way I could fit back there with all that extra stuff. And my prayers were answered. We only have to stop twice in the 6 hours of driving. Before we were stopping every 40 mins. 
Thank you Talbots for hosting us, giving us your room for the nights, the great break from stress and work, and the fun memories! 

No comments: