Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Kate 6 months, Father's Day, summer fun!

Life seems to move ever so quickly now days. Shaun is on the countdown to finishing his PhD dissertation....9 days until it is due to his committee. Then he corrects it and defends and graduates. We are waiting to hear back from one last job he interviewed at and then we have to decide by Friday. We feel so blessed that we have some offers on the table! 
Shaun has been working 80+ hours a week getting things done. We will be happy to have daddy around again soon. 
In the meantime here are some highlights...  
One day we had a crazy rain storm. The gutter above our front door is broken and it literally looked like a waterfall. We had just finished shopping at the store and picked up Shaun so he could eat lunch with us. right as we pulled in it started pouring. The top 2 pictures are from us trying to get from the car to our house (15 steps). I had some meat in the trunk and it was so hot I didn't dare leave it. On my way into the house the paper bag got so wet it completely fell apart before I got inside and everything fell on the sidewalk. Shaun ran out and picked up the groceries. We were completely soaked to the bone. Claire still talks about it. 
The bottom right picture makes me laugh. I make Shaun a lunch almost every day. One day he was carrying too many things and it dropped to the ground. He sent me this picture..."my lunch..." Don't worry I made him a new one. 

Father's Day 
Father's day was a great day! I made homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast and to take to church for the dessert bar the Men had. And then for dinner we had grilled chicken, asparagus, and braised potatoes. Claire put on Shaun's shoes and then said, "I need daddy's hat." I just love that picture of her. Lately, Claire insists on watching Shaun leave for work. Lately she has been begging me to let her finish her breakfast looking out the front door. I don't blame her...   

 Claire loves life! She LOVES doing sidewalk chalk. The other day the neighbor's baby kittens were playing on the sidewalk. Shaun asked Claire what they were doing. Her response, "They are doing chalk." Of course, what else would anyone do on a side walk. :) 
Claire also LOVES to paint pictures, take selfies, and spend time outside! 

 Claire and Kate both love the playmat. Claire also insists on picking up a rock every time we go on a walk. Reminds me of our family vacations when my dad would stop along the side of the road to pick up a few rocks. Claire also loves to dig in the dirt and her favorite show is mickey mouse. 
When Kate smiles her entire face lights up! She is getting much better with her burping issues and I don't have to spend 2-3 hours rocking and burping every night. 
She loves her pacifier. It has proven to be a perfect teething toy too! Haha...she often is chewing on it more than sucking on it. She has mastered rolling over both ways and loves to grab anything she can reach. If Claire is on the play mat with Kate, Kate will roll over and begin to grab her shirt almost like she is trying to tickle her. Claire usually laughs until Kate gets crabs a hand full of hair. :) 
Today was her 6 month visit
Current stats: 
Weight 14 lbs 6 oz (15%)
Height 25" (15%) 

1 comment:

Kari said...

Yay for job offers! Can't wait to hear where you guys end up. And I'm so excited for you guys that Shaun is almost DONE!!

Your girls are getting bigger and cuter with every post!!