Monday, March 24, 2014

We went on an adventure...

Shaun was selected to present his research at a conference in Columbus, Ohio. I debated if we should join him and decided, why not? Claire was so excited for our, "adventure." 
Saturday morning we had to leave by 6:30 AM. right around 6:15 Claire threw up her milk. (She is known for throwing up milk when she drinks it too fast and I still felt good about going so I packed some extra clothes.) Claire seemed fine entire drive and was happy as could be. We dropped Shaun off and a few minutes later Claire was puking again. All down herself. :( We proceeded to the nearest Panera and so I could feed Kate and clean Claire up. Unfortunately we were not able to check into the hotel for another 6 hours. So what's a mom to do? We kept our plans... Claire seemed to be feeling okay so we went to target to buy some Clorox wipes and look around. Then we went to Pet smart so claire could watch the doggies get hair cuts and see the other cool animals. She was loving this! We also hit up Old Navy, Marshalls, and some other local stores. We stopped to feed Kate again and Claire fell asleep as we were driving to the mall. It has been at least 2 years since I have been to an indoor mall! It was glorious! (Although I must say since I haven't done much shopping in the last four years I received quite the sticker shock and fashion shock, I must add.) I think I will keep wearing my clothes for awhile.  

 In the mall, Claire was fading fast...Still had 2 hours to kill 
 If you look closely you can see her best buddy "monkey" under her cheek. Claire loves shopping so I knew she was really sick. 
 YES! We made it to the hotel! 
 Kate Chillin in the big bed
 Claire watching her fav show, "Curious George." 
Shaun did great and found us a suite! 
 We had Kate in our room in the mini closet. We wanted her to feel like she was at home...
 This is her bed at home...in the closet. 

When we picked up Shaun Claire had lost all the color in her face and lips. She hasn't been this sick in a long time so we nixed our dinner plans, stopped at the store for juice and went back to the hotel.  
That night was rough! Claire woke up multiple times wanting her special juice AKA "Pedialyte."  Kate was also up quite a bit. Thankfully Shaun took the Claire shift and I stuck with Kate. 

Cold and windy outside our hotel. 
Sunday came and church was not an option but I told Claire we would go see the temple. 
 a few minutes before we got to the temple I look back and Claire is completely asleep. I took a picture of her asleep because I knew she would insist that we didn't go to the temple.  
 Beautiful day! 
 Tired mom 
Kate pretty much HATES her car seat. She did okay going down by the way home was rough! We stopped to feed her twice, stopped to burp her (again) and stopped to let her stretch/ drive the car. :) 

 The last 30 minutes she was screaming so loud I climbed in the back in-between the car seats completely smooshed and held her pacifier in her mouth. can you see those big alligator tears under her eyes. Sad girl! 
With in a few minutes she was asleep. Her car seat cover has a pink liner and the sun was shining in so that's why she looks pink in this picture. I just loved how she was resting her hand on my fingers. So sweet. 
After this big "adventure" strangely I am still really glad we went. We made some good memories, came home completely exhausted, and lived to tell about it (despite my rusty city driving). So I think it was a success! Oh, and Shaun rocked his presentation too! 

No comments: