Tuesday, January 28, 2014

sisters

Life at the Broderick house is great! Claire continues to mature and wants to be independent with everything. From putting on her clothes, shoes, coat, climbing into her high chair, etc. Name it, she wants to do it by herself. At least she tries to do it until she gets frustrated and then she lets me help her. :) 
I let her stand on the chair to watch in the mirror as I do her hair. This is her showing off her new Mini Mouse shirt. 

Kate had her 1 month appointment. The doctor wanted to check Claire's growth too. Claire is now 24.5 pounds!! She is now in the 10% HOORAY! The doctor was thrilled. Claire is doing remarkably well with eating. She is expanding her textures and often wants to eat or try new things. We are now eating mostly gluten free here. Claire is also speaking in complete sentences. Her language has always come along nicely, but it's crazy how the last month it has really taken off.   


Kate is now 8 lb 14 oz and 20 1/2 in long. She is growing great and seems to be a great eater. So far she only seems to have major gas when I eat onions. I didn't realize how many recipes call for onions. 

At her appointment I asked the doctor about a blueish spot on her bum. It looked kind of like a bruise. She told me it is actually called a Mongolian spot. Basically what this means is Kate has my darker skin!! I asked my mom if I had any and she said yes! Kind of fun! (no, I'm not Mongolian...it is just a term they use for skin other than the pale white.) :)  
Claire gets so excited when Shaun gets home. Sometimes she makes me open the front door so she can watch for him. 
Kate is already accessorizing...AKA Claire playing bracelets with Kate.  
Claire still LOVES to read books and lately I've been giving her a few books during her nap time. Before that she started taking her diaper off and not napping. This gives her something to do before she falls asleep so nap time has been much more successful! THANKFULLY! 
Kate loves to have the blanket up around her face...almost like a little cocoon. She also has to be wrapped in this blanket to sleep for a long period of time. Other blankets she keeps waking up. About 4 weeks old she broke out in the  baby acne. Not my favorite stage, but it will get better. 
The blanket Kate is on was made by my Grandma Lundquist for me when I was a baby. She pieced together the dolls, etc. It is beautiful! Do you see those beautiful brown eyes? 

Kate's first week at church lasted about 15 minutes. She was sleeping peacefully in the car seat and Claire was sitting on my lab eating her snack, popcorn. A few words into the sacrament song she choked on a piece of popcorn and started puking all over me, her, the floor. Shaun ran out to grab paper towels. A sweet lady grabbed her  one-year-old daughter's blanket and ran over to catch the puke that kept coming. It was quite the scene. I picked up Claire and we slowly walked out. Once we got in the foyer I was trying not to laugh because it was such a crazy situation. After the sacrament we packed up and went home so everyone could bath and clean up. The best part was the look on everyone's faces as we were leaving. Kate slept the entire time and didn't wake up to eat until we got home. Silly Claire! I guess popcorn is off limits for church snacks now. 

No comments: