Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween Pumpkin Style


This year has been a lot of fun for us! Claire has really loved wearing her Halloween shirts and socks 

Check out these darling spider socks from Auntie
Claire found my pumpkin socks in the drawer and was obsessed. She would even climb in the laundry basket to find them. ;) Don't mind the post nap hair.  
     
I found Claire's costume at a used kids store for $1.99. SCORE! Then Shaun and I made our own pumpkin shirts to match. Claire has been obsessed with pumpkins so it was a perfect costume for her. This was right before our ward Trunk or treating. We had a dinner and talent show that night. Claire surprised everyone by singing "The Wheels on the Bus," in the microphone in front of the entire ward. I was holding her up and she even did the actions. Such a cutie! 


Halloween turned out to be a very rainy day. When I was driving to my OB appoint Halloween morning I saw a sign that there was trick or treating at a rest home. When the rain continued we decided to check it out. It was a blast! Claire loved visiting with the residents and saying, "trick or treat." 


They also had a coloring station where the kids could color a picture and have a cookie and punch. It was such a welcoming environment. 
Claire from behind...

One night for FHE we made a paper pumpkin 

Claire had fun watching Shaun cut up the pumpkins. She even tasted some of the cooked seeds. 
Showing off her "kitty" shirt

The kids got to wear their costumes to story time this week. The theme was actually pumpkins so Claire was even more thrilled. It has been a great October at the Brodericks! 


No comments: