Friday, February 3, 2012

lately


Things have been a little crazy for us around here. Shaun has been really busy with his petunias! He has five different experiments going on right now plus class and homework. (Not to mention having to drive two hours to Columbus for school stuff a couple of times each month.) One of the latest experiments has been tough because he has to collect data every 6 hours (8am, 2 pm, 8pm, 2am) around the clock. So for the last week Shaun had to get up at 2 am and go collect data. He has a hard time going back to sleep so he would be up for a while. I was up feeding Claire but the schedules didn't correspond so we were waking each other up. It has been a long week. Thankfully the 2 am business is over!! 

We were still trying to get up to exercise after all of these crazy nights. We did pretty good except for two days. One morning Shaun's alarm went off and he answered it like someone was calling, "hello?"   We both fell back to sleep instantly after that. :)  Oops. Thank goodness I can get a nap during the day! 


Claire is as cute as ever! I have been busy making some new hair bows for her. I made this one from Pinterest out of material I had sitting around the house. 
Also, you can see her cheeks are getting chubbier. LOVE IT! 

(sorry these pictures are from my phone)
Skyping with Nana! Sometimes in the morning we skype with my mom. This is Claire first thing in the morning. Love the crazy hair! Claire loves seeing her grandparents on skype. 

Nicolette: 
I have been keeping myself busy with lots of things. Keeping the house very clean is a big priority for Claire's allergies. Also, trying to keep balance with scripture study, my primary chorister calling, teaching two piano students, exercising, and being a good wife. :)
In the kitchen I have been working on making homemade bread. When we moved to Ohio my parents sent us with a ton of wheat. Like an entire storage container full. For Christmas we got a wheat grinder. I am loving the fresh wheat. I don't know anything better than a fresh piece of bread with homemade raspberry jam! My mom also sent us her old pasta maker so we have LOVED the delicious pasta. Shaun makes a mean homemade sauce, too. 
Since Shaun has been so busy I have done more cooking. Claire loves to watch me in the kitchen, which is great. One of the easiest recipes I have made recently is crouton chicken. (Thanks, Seleta)

Crouton Chicken

4-5 Chicken breasts cut in half
3/4 bag stuffing mix
1 can cream chicken soup
swiss cheese slices ( 1-2 per chicken piece) just so they are covered. (I used Cheddar and it was great) 
1/4 C. water
3/4 cube butter- melted

Place chicken in 9x13 greased pan. Cover chicken in cheese slices. Mix water and soup mix together then spread on top of chicken pieces, then sprinkle stuffing mix over the top, followed with the  butter on top of stuffing. 
Cook 350 for 50-55 min If the stuffing starts to look to brown cover with foil. 



This week Claire will be 5 months old. I want to be better at documenting her milestones so here are the latest. 
Claireisms I love (and don't want to forget) 
  • She smiles almost instantly at everyone (This is one of my favorite things ever!)
  • She is very happy and content! 
  • She loves to be snuggled - I try not to spoil her too much...
  • She loves to feel different textures with her hands and will often do a scratching motion on what ever material I am wearing or she is wearing. 
  • She loves her bath time and getting all lotioned up.
  • She is still very patient. Even when I have to suck out her nose she doesn't cry until I am done. 
  • She is quite the lady. She ALWAYS has her feet crossed. Even when I put her on her tummy she is crossing her feet. 
  • She is always holding her hands together. Very sweet! 
  • She LOVES books. She can sit through me reading the entire "Hungry Caterpillar" and "Good Night Moon," without getting squirmy. 
  • She is a perfect angel at the store.  
  • She makes all kind of noises now. Spit bubbles and squeals are my favorite. Just last Sunday she was quite entertaining during Sacrament meeting. We have a very small ward, and only one other baby, so Claire is very much loved by the members! 
  • She loves to wiggle around in her crib. That is until she pushes her head/face against the bars. :( 
  • She rolls over sometimes. 
  • She still loves her play mat.
  • Last, she still has allergies! Poor girl! Sometimes she will wake up in the morning all rashed out. The good news is in march we get to take her to the allergist. 
Something that I wish we had a picture of that I miss is before Claire become such an "active" eater after she would finish nursing on one side she would raise her arms as if she just saw a touchdown. It was so cute. She slowly stopped doing it until one day it occurred to me that I missed my chance for a picture. :(  


No comments: