So our house is taking a little (okay a lot) longer than expected. We were hoping to be finished by September 23rd, the day Shaun had to start class, but we are still not quite there.
Here is what we have been up to lately...
Shaun installed a new front door. Our entry level only has one sliding glass door to let light in. It really felt like we were living in a basement. Plus the old door was very old and didn't even have a deadbolt lock. Yikes! Well, Our townhome is part of an HOA so they have certain requirements. One being that our trim around the door has to be a certain (ugly) dark brown and the door itself has to be a certain lighter (ugly) tan color. Well, right after we installed the door it got really cold so we put off painting it. Then we got a letter in the mail from the HOA...basically saying, "paint your door." We had to prime the trim with spray paint and then I painted the ugly brown color. It was SO cold my hands were going numb I had to get my blow dryer out so it would dry before the next storm blew in. Can you see those goosebumps on my arms? Shaun was outside the back door cutting tile in the same freezer weather. We are crazy!
My hands after spray painting.
This is what we are using as our current kitchen. We are a few weeks away from having our real kitchen put in but this has been a decent temp kitchen. I have everything I need: a microwave to heat up freezer food, cold cereal, popcorn, and supplies for hot chocolate. (Did I mention how cold it has gotten here?) I can't wait to start cooking real meals again! I really miss my kitchen sink.
5 comments:
Hey Nicolette! I'm so impressed by all your handiwork! You guys are so talented but I hope it all comes to an end for you guys soon!!
You are too cute! I have loved seeing all the home improvements you have been doing. How FUN!! Sorry it's been so cold...but on the bright side: you get to drink hot chocolate. I could go for some of that right about now....and it's not even cold here :)
Wow! Look at you guys, looks like a lot of work, but it will be so nice when it's done.
Do you know where it's not cold? St. George. We'll blow up the air mattress for you. Go buy your plane tickets.
Miss you and thinking about you! Hope all is well in OHIO!!
Post a Comment