WARNING: this post contians financial advice.
A few months ago, I had a really good friend suggest that I start listening to a radio podcast by Clark Howard. He runs a very optimistic radio show called the Clark Howard Show. He gives you ideas and ways that you can "save more, spend less, and not get ripped off."
What I enjoy about him the most is that he is a man of integrity (his values fall directly in line with the Church's) and feels that the best way to gain wealth is to work hard and spend less than you earn. He's not about making a quick buck. He talks about changing life styles by living within your means. He also acknowledges the turmoil that many people face right now with an unemployment rate at 8.1% but then quickly finds a positive note to show that we are not in the "worst of times".

One of my favorite suggestions was a Visa credit card that earns you 2% cash on all of your purchases with no fees attached. He also tells you how to monitor your credit score for free. Another thing he covers are refinancing your house, information on stimulous packages, and how to avoid getting scammed. He show covers all kinds of topics.
Perhaps the most beneficial thing Nicolette and I have done is to set up a simple working budget. Before the budget we simply spent less than the amount in our checking account. By tracking our money we have been able to save a substantial amount of money. I want to thank my friend for recommending Clark, and I feel the need to pass on this info to others.
You can get the podcast from the iTunes Store, or you can visit his website at clarkhoward.com
6 comments:
That sounds like great advise! I'm going to check it out! (I need to budget better - where DOES ALL MY MONEY Go!?)
Shaun your budget master sheet is amazing. You are the master...
Great advice! I will check it out!
nice advice! And I think even though the blog looks girly, it looks awfully nice!
Hi Shaun! Long time no talk. I'll have to check this one out. Another guy that makes a lot of financial sense is Dave Ramsey. I know he has a radio talk show but I've never listened to it. I did read one of his books though.
We also love listening to Clark Howard! He lived close to us in Atlanta so I got to see him driving to work a few times. =) Out here he's on the radio every day, but thats great that you can listen to his podcasts. He does have great advice and is a really honest good person!
Post a Comment