Friday, May 30, 2008

Let's start at the beginning

Shaun went on dates with lots of girls... Nicolette had been fighting off the boys for years...

then one fateful Sunday afternoon life was about to change. The new semester was here, Spring was in the air, and Shaun and his buddies had just moved into the ward. In Church, as the sustaining of callings was taking place I noticed Shaun. The minute I saw him across the way I was love struck. I wanted to meet him more than anything!--I literally could not stop staring at him... it was a good thing because Shaun was staring right back at me! Well, within a couple of weeks, and with some extra encouragement of roommates, we were officially dating.

Shaun and I dated all Summer and had a blast getting to know each other. We did all sorts of things together. Including a fun trip to Idaho to meet my family. They Loved him & his family loved me, so how could we go wrong.


Engagement Story:
We got engaged on August 25th I told Shaun to surprise me with everything including picking the ring. Of course the night before we got engaged I had three dreams that Shaun proposed, doesn't everyone? Just kidding. It really made me stop and think. Then, he took the day off, we went to SLC and played and on the way home he needed to pick up his laundry from his parent's house. By this point I was convinced that nothing was going to happen. But, to my surprise we went on his outside deck and he proposed. It was a really fun day. and of course I said YES!!


We were married on January 19, 2008 in the Provo, Utah Temple.

Our wedding day was beautiful. We were surrounded by all of our family & friends. We had fresh snow on the mountains, but dry roads and a blue sky. We were very blessed considering it was the middle of winter. Ü

Married life is AMAZING. We are doing great and have definitely enjoyed the first four months!!!

3 comments:

Seleta said...

You are totally cute- Love the story, great beginning

DeLaine Broderick said...

There sure is a lot of hugging and kissing on this blog. It kind of makes me uncomfortable.

mauri said...

I'm SO glad you have a blog! Thanks for letting me know! You two are such a CUTE couple!