We have grown a lot and have been extremely blessed since we have lived so far away from "home." I wanted to recap (for journal's sake) some of the highlights of Wooster.
Shaun was given an amazing opportunity to work for a great lab at the OARDC that really prepared him for his job in Mississippi. He has really gained a lot of the necessary skills that he needs. He also had the unique opportunity to work for Ball seed company in Chicago for a summer which gave him lots of experience, and also great network for the future.
I was given the great opportunity to work for Lincoln Way Elementary. Although I wasn't hired as a full-time teacher, I was blessed with the perfect job for me. I did 1-5 math intervention groups. The people I worked with for that one year are still good friends and I love running into them in the community.
We will REALLY miss the Wooster library! So many good memories there!
Mark and Seth were Claire's friends! We will miss the Ellers!
Our ward had a going away party/BBQ for us at the Bishop's house before we left. It was so perfect! The Bishop, who is also the director of the OARDC, gave Shaun an OARDC shirt that they discontinued so Shaun was thrilled. Everyone has been so kind to us!
We were blessed to have 2 kids while living here. The ward has really loved our girls as their own. This is Claire's nursery class. She is the oldest by almost a year. (Parker, Mark, Claire, Reid & Cara) We will miss living by our BYU friends. Allison and Boyd have been our awesome photographers the last 4 years too!!
Although we definitely have outgrown our house, it was a great little house for us. Claire will miss her "sweeping" AKA digging in the flower beds.
We have been extremely blessed with having awesome doctors to help us get a handle on Claire's allergies and eating struggles.
I was given the opportunity to learn how to play the organ. If you had asked me if I would want to, let alone have to, play the organ in sacrament meeting each week the answer would be a big NO. But I love playing. I'm still not perfect at it, but it has been a fun challenge.
I was also able to have a small group of piano students. It was a great mental break for me and I really grew a lot as a musician.
Sweet Amelia and Claire were such cute friends. They actually have the EXACT same birthday and really played well together. We met at the library and would often get together on a weekly bases. We will miss them!
Amelia's mom, Abbie and I also became great friends! I will miss her a lot! Don't mind this pic of me...it was packing day. :)
Life moves ever so quickly we are sad to say goodbye but excited for what the Lord has in store for us.
1 comment:
Based on how many friends you made at your last home, I'm pretty sure you'll find great friends at your new home too! You have a such a beautiful family! Good luck with your new adventures!
Post a Comment