December has been such a fun month at our house. Honestly, it has been really nice having my last month of pregnancy during December because it is flying by. Here are some things that have kept us busy.
The Primary Presidency and YW Presidency were in charge of the Ward Christmas party. My assignment was to do all the decorations. We lined the tables with white butcher paper so the kids could draw during the down time. Then I made the center pieces with sticks from my back yard. I spray painted them grey and added glitter swirls and ribbon. I thought it turned out great. The kids (and lost of adults) loved the drawing part too. This is my first attempt at a "selfie." Is that even how you spell it? I am 37ish weeks here. Right now I am currently 38.5 weeks and the baby can come anytime. At 36 weeks she was breech. Right before and after Thanksgiving I went to the Chiropractor and she loosed up my hips. Between that and prayer we were blessed to not have to have the doctor try to physically flip her which can bring quite a few complications on. Currently she is measuring bigger than Claire was at this point so if she doesn't come by Dec 20th they will be inducing me so we can avoid the same complications we had with Claire and hopefully avoid a c-section. I didn't have to have a c-section with Claire but we are just praying it will all work out.
In the mean time I have been baking and cleaning up a storm. I made lots of batches of homemade cinnamon rolls for Shaun's co-workers, our neighbors and ward friends. Claire loved putting the bows on top.
We have loved playing with the little people nativity. Claire and I even built her train tracks leading up to it so we could go visit baby Jesus.
We've had a few snow storms lately that have been so much fun to play in. Claire loves to make "footprints" in the snow and gets so mad when we have to come inside.
On December 14th I put on my first piano recital. I have five students (one couldn't come because of the snow storm raging outside.) It was quite eventful, to say the least. The boy on the left, Paul, played first. Then the next boy Sean started on his song. Sean's 3-year-old little brother who was sitting in the audience started throwing up everywhere. Sean kept playing the piano like nothing was happening. His dad was filming and gramdma was trying to catch the puke. After Sean finished he brother threw up a few more times. We stopped the recital, cleaned it all up and then let Sean play again. So glad it was at the church and not at my house!
It has been a lot of fun to watch Claire mimic things. My sister sent us something in the mail and packed it with this pink pad. Claire instantly called it her yoga mat and here she is demonstrating her moves.
She's actually pretty good! She has also loved singing Christmas songs. She has memorized all of Jingle Bells and sings random lines from Silent Night, When Joseph went to Bethlehem, etc. I love that she is such a song bird. If she is singing you know she is happy nad having a great day.
Last, but definitely not least we had a big problem with mice this year. When my Friend Jill came to visit she confirmed my suspicion that something was living in our basement drop ceiling. That something was mice. It took about a month+ to clean them out. They must have been making quite the nest because we caught 19 mice and a leg. After the first week of traps Shaun figured out they were climbing up our AC unit cord and getting in that way. He sealed it up and then we kept setting traps. Thankfully I never saw them, they only stayed in the ceiling. But Shaun was so good to set the traps, catch them and take care of it. I think we even caught 4 in one day. YIKES! I don't think I will be able to watch this movie for a long time. And it's a good think we don't own a gun. I might have reacted just like the lady and shot the entire ceiling down. Not really, but we were extremely surprised to catch that many. We are pretty sure there is still one mice out there in the woods limping around missing a leg.
Tomorrow is our caroling night and after that our schedule is wide open...ready for this baby girl to make her appearance. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment