Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things

Nicolette is taking a little nap right now, so I decided to write about my top five favorite things.

5. Our condo. It is so nice to leave the busy life (and traffic and lack of parking) of Provo, and come home to our quiet place. After fixing it up last summer, it really feels like Nicolette and I have our own place. We have a great view of the mountains, Utah Lake, and every night we get to enjoy the sunset.

4. The Pie pizza. If you haven't eaten there yet, take a drive up to The U. It's down some rusty old stairs in a building just west of the University. It is a hole in the wall, but they have the best pizza I have ever had. It's even better than Pier 49 and Nicoitalia Pizzeria. Pizzeria 712 has a different, more italian-style pizza that is in it's own catergory. It's like comparing apples to orange.
If you are on a budget, Papa Murphies is the way to go. Nicolette and I have something called the "Pizza Mia." (aka Pizza Barfferia.) This thing from Pizza Hut is terrible. Traditionally, I have eaten everu pizza put in front of me (even Tostinos $0.99 pizza) but we ended up throwing it away. TERRIBLE!

3. Utah mountains. I'm going to really miss them when we have to move to another state.

2. Disney Pixar's Up. This is the best movie we have seen all year. Save your pennies and treat yourself to a fantastic movie. We loved it so much that we saw it twice in the movie theater. Even though it's a film for the kiddies, it is also geared toward adults. Some reviews of the movie say it's "sad" or "depressing" but it's really sentimental, and heart-warming. Pixar is so clever and creative.
1. Of course the top of this list is Nicolette. She is so great, and I love her so much. She is an excellent teacher. I'm so proud of her taking on the challenging task of teaching the teacher improvement workshops this summer for the state of Utah. She is so quailified and is doing a great job.

3 comments:

Seleta said...

I Love one of your favorite things too! Nicolette! Shaun I love getting to know you better each time you share info! I hope we will get to try some pizza while we visit you soon! I am super excited!

Meredith Carlson said...

I've been wanting to see UP! We need to get on the ball and see it while it's still in theaters. Also, I agree with the pizza choices!

P.S. Can we be friends? Let's get together soon!!!!

marquita chiquita said...

Cool stuff! Those are some awesome things on your list! Good food, good entertainment, and beautiful wonderful wife!

Oh, hey our new blog address is www.danmarq07.blogspot.com